I asked him how sure he was that he was going to heaven when he died, and he said 85% sure! This concerned me, so I asked him what about the other 15%. He said he didn't know, there was still so much to learn. I had to ask him how much of his hell punishment did Jesus take for him. He said all of it. I asked where does someone go if Jesus takes 100% of their hell punishment? He said heaven. So how sure can you be that you will go to heaven when you die? He said 100%
I don't know why, but I asked him if he still sinned. He said yes. I asked what happened to all the sin, did Christ take it all? I don't know why I was asking these questions, they just came out. I guess it was the Holy Spirit guiding my words. He said it didn't matter how much he sinned before he died, as Christ's mercy extended past his death. I just stood there with my mouth open - what was he saying??
"It took a while to break through in terms of focus, as they were constantly being distracted by their phones. Once the penny dropped that entry to heaven is by 100% faith in Christ and nothing to do with themselves, they saw no reason not to do just that."
"I introduced them to the team, and told them that I had talked to them, and they had both repented and placed their faith in Christ. They were so excited for them! I wanted them to get connected into a good church, and it turned out they lived not far from one of the team's fellowship in the north of Brisbane, so we all exchanged contact details to follow up on. It was an awesome experience, and if I take anything away from this week, it will be this!"
I turned the conversation around to her, asking her how sure was she that she was going to heaven when she died. She said pretty sure, which set off alarm bells for me. I asked her if she was going to jump out of a plane and she was pretty sure there were no holes in the parachute, would she still jump?
"On the way back to the car later, I passed Jim. He grabbed my hand and said that ever since our chat, a peace has come over him. I asked him why he should be let into heaven, and he said because Jesus took 100% of his hell punishment for him It was confirmation for me that what I was sharing was hitting home!"
" Hosea did all the talking in his street gangster style. It was hard to get a word in. But when they came to understand that there was a creator, and the creator required he keep a standard, he went quiet. I was able to guide him through the law, and he came to realise the trouble he would be in if he did not make it home alive tonight."